BoatsToGo, Inc is constantly working on improvements of quality of Saturn inflatable products. Each Saturn inflatable boat, river raft and kayak is left inflated at the factory for at least 48 hours and visually inspected for defects in workmanship and/or air leaks before packing into shipping boxes. So far, our quality level exceeds or matches that of well known high priced brands available on the market. Saturn defect ratio level is well below 1%, and our overall product customer satisfaction has reached 99.8% in a last 5 years.
However, no manufactured product in existence is 100% defect free and/or uncompromisingly flawless. There are 4 case scenarios that may arise during use or inspection of a new boat:
1. Defect found by the dealer who just opened a box with a brand new boat.
2. Defect found by customer who has just received and inspected a new boat.
3. Defect may develop later on, during the lifetime of the product.
4. Damage that occurred during shipping of the product from dealer to the customer.
Defects are divided into 3 categories:
1. Cosmetic defects that do not affect boat integrity or functionality. Some examples of cosmetic defects would be: small scuffs, dirt marks, scratches, pin holes, small paint resin bubbling on wooden parts, a little bit of missing glue, etc.
2. Structural defects that do may affect the boat's safety, integrity and/or functionality. An example of a structural defect would be: an open seam in the air chamber that allows air to escape, a deep scuff or cut longer then 1â€, a crack in the transom or an unglued transom holders, PVC fabric becoming seriously sticky over time, etc.
3. Shipping defects, such as a crack in a pump hose or ding in oar handle, are handled by an initiation insurance claim toward corresponding shipping carrier.
In case a defect is discovered by a dealer who just opened a box with brand new merchandise, the following guidelines are recommended:
1. A high resolution/quality image of the defect must be emailed to email@example.com in order to evaluate nature of the problem. Pictures should be clear and in good resolution. No cell phone pictures will be accepted. We will forward images of the assumed defect to our supplier and evaluate the extent of the damage based on provided images.
2. If the defect is considered to be small and can be easily repaired by dealer, it is the dealer's responsibility to do so. Example of such repairs would be; applying up to 4â€ diameter patch to cover a scuff or puncture, applying small amount of glue if it missing, cleaning dirt marks and/or paint, sanding and re-applying gray paint resin on wooden scuffs up to 10â€ sq inch area. Additional repair materials will be provided upon dealer request.
3. In case of necessary repair to remedy manufacturer defect, such as patch for example, will decrease re-sale value of the merchandise, per our discretion, we will provide appropriate credit toward future order, or provide free accessories to compensate for such amortization in value.
4. If the extent of the defect is large, such as an open seam, cracked transom, etc, and/or beyond the dealer's ability to repair, the merchandise will be replaced with a next order, taking in account that submitted pictures clearly display the nature of the manufacturer defect. In such case, dealer may keep the merchandise to fix and resell it at a lower price.
In case of defect discovered by customer, dealer may choose to interact with the customer directly or to forward the customer to us for all after-sale support and questions.
Below guidelines describing warranty coverage procedures in cases that the dealer prefers to provide direct after-sale customer warranty support. These are the same guidelines that we are successfully following in our after-sale warranty support with our own customers:
1. A high resolution/quality image of the defect must be taken by the customer and forwarded to us by the dealer, in order to evaluate the nature of the problem. Pictures should be clear and in good resolution. No cell phone pictures will be accepted. We will forward images of the assumed defect to our supplier, and evaluate the extent of the damage based on provided images.
2. If the customer decides to return the product back to the dealer for warranty service, and the defect is considered to be small and can be easily repaired by dealer, it is the dealer's responsibility to do so. Example of such repairs would be; applying up to 4" diameter patch to cover a scuff or puncture, applying a small amount of glue, if it is missing, cleaning dirt marks and/or paint, sanding and re-applying gray paint resin on wooden scuffs up to 10 sq inch area. Additional repair materials will be provided upon dealer request.
3. In cases that the warranty repair is small, such as applying drop of glue or placing a small patch, it can be done by the customer, and if the customer is adamant about receiving reimbursement for his efforts, we might provide some free accessories, credit toward accessory orders, or price adjustment re-imbursement on a case-by-case basis and depending on a nature of the problem.
4. If the extent of the defect is large, such as open seam in a boat hull, cracked transom, etc, faded sticky PVC fabric and/or beyond the dealer's ability to repair, merchandise will be replaced with the next order, taking in account that submitted pictures clearly display nature of such manufacturer defect. Dealer may decide to replace from his own stock, or request replacement from us if dealer does not have same item in stock.
5. In cases in which the dealer replaces merchandise from his own stock, the dealer may keep the defective product, repair and re-sell it at a lower price. Full credit for replaced merchandise will be given toward the dealer's next future order.
6. If the dealer decides not to place any more orders with us, then as per our warranty policy, the item has to be sent back to us for repairs or replacement with all shipping costs pre-paid.
In cases when defects are discovered during the product warranty period, the customer may send the boat back to us or dealer for repair/exchange taking that associated shipping charges are covered by the customer.
In the very rare occasion that the customer received brand new merchandise, used it no longer then 1 week before he discovered a serious defect that required product replacement, all shipping charges will be covered by the dealer (if the dealer plans to keep the returned product for repair and resale at lower price). Full credit will be given toward the dealer's next order. However, if the dealer does not plan to place any future orders, then the defective product has to be sent by the customer, directly to us for replacement. In these cases, we will handle all associated shipping charges within the Continental US.
International dealers located outside of the
It is important that all customers register their warranty within 10 days of receiving their. Customers may register their warranty on-line at http://www.BoatsToGo.com/warranty_registration.asp.
If dealer desire to integrate warranty registration process into his own web site, following HTML code is suggested:
Copy and paste into your HTML code.