12' Kayak & Inflatable Boat Crossover - KaBoat™.
The KaBoat is our newest invention, patent pending. A crossover between an inflatable kayak and an inflatable boat, KaBoats take the best of both worlds to create a versatile option. Modeled after Asian Dragon boats, the KaBoat's narrow profile helps it zip through water, reaching higher speeds than other boats even with less horsepower.
KaBoats are light, and run great with an inexpensive electric motor, or small gas motor. Its streamlined design also allows it to be paddled with a regular kayak paddle, allowing you to get into tighter, shallower spots that other boats could not dream of reaching.
Extremely portable, the KaBoat fits into a medium size bag. Instead of renting a boat while traveling, you can now take your KaBoat with you. Stable enough for flyfishing and casting while standing, this versatile craft is also agile enough to get you to the fish, wherever they may be. KaBoats also work great as dinghies for yachts and sailboats.
The KaBoat's is exceptionally stable design allows you to stand, fly fish or even get into those narrow spots where other boats can't go to get the best fishing.
An optional electric motor can act as a virtual "Ride-Assist". Just set the throttle to the 1st speed setting and it will help reduce rowing exhaustion. On the 1st speed setting, an electric engine can run around 12 hours (depending on battery size). The SK396 KaBoat with an electric engine is an ecologically friendly, environmentally clean, real "Green" boat. Powerful 55Lbs short-shaft foldable electric trolling motors are available in our Accessories.
New KaBoat model is now in stock.
- Transoms now have triangular splash guards to minimize back splash and protect the transom holders from heat and exposure to UV rays.
- Bulky plastic handles on end tubes were replaced with sun resistant and durable soft handles for longer life span.
- The valves were moved to the inside of the tubes and under the seat to protect them from sun and the elements, and to make inflation from inside the boat easier when on the water.
- New models have different bench attachments to make them shorter, lighter and move slightly lower for easier rowing.
- Grommet PVC splash guards with safety grab lines run all along the KaBoat's tubes from the front to the rear. Having grommets on PVC lines allows the attachment of additional accessories, kayak seats and custom made frames and arches for rod holders, night lights, etc.
New SK396 KaBoat with High Pressure Air Deck floor. Just unroll and inflate.
Benefits of KaBoat VS. conventional Kayak or Inflatable Boat:
- Conventional plastic or fiberglass kayaks require significant storage space due to their large dimensions. KaBoats can be deflated and folded for easy storage and transportation.
- Kayaks can be only paddled, but the KaBoat allows you to use a small gas or electric engine to cover larger distances. If you get tired of paddling, you can start using an optional outboard engine.
- KaBoats are much more stable than conventional kayaks, allowing for standing and walking inside the KaBoat. In fact, you can fish standing or even ride while standing.
- The KaBoat can be used for diving, snorkeling, and fishing, however not many conventional kayaks can offer similar functionality.
- Due to the high buoyancy of its inflatable tubes, the KaBoat can transport a much larger cargo than regular kayaks.
- KaBoat allows you to go to narrow or shallow places where regular inflatable boats will not fit. Just raise the engine and paddle anywhere that is at least 5" deep.
- Due to its smaller chambers, it is much easier and faster to inflate a KaBoat than a regular inflatable boat.
- Because of its narrow profile and a much lower drag than wide conventional inflatable boats, KaBoats can go faster with the same rated engine than comparable size inflatable boats.
- KaBoats can also be used as a dinghy to a yacht or sailboat, but take up much less space when deflated and folded. KaBoats also can be placed on a swimming platforms.
- KaBoats cost much less than any inflatable dinghies and most kayaks available today.
Most Recent Customer Review of SK396 Inflatable KaBoat:
- Same heavy-duty 1100 Denier PVC as in SATURN inflatable boats.
- Wide beam hull design for stability. You can stand in a KaBoat.
- Front Spray Skirt with water deflector guard and rope lacing.
- Marine grade plywood transom with a one way drain plug.
- High-pressure inflatable air deck floor.
- 4 (four!) fins for improved tracking.
- 1 set of rowing oars with oar locks.
- Set of rowing oars with oarlocks.
- 2 aluminum removable benches.
- Included: hand pump, repair kit, 2 oars and carry bag.
|How long should I expect my inflatable to last? How to find and repair air leak? Please find answers on these and many other questions in our FAQ section.|
|shark proof||carry cart||electric pumps||bimini top||trolling motor|
SK396 Technical Specifications:
|Kayak Packing Size||34"x21"x10"|
|Shipping Size||45 x 24 x 13"|
|Shipping Weight||70 lbs|
|KaBoat Weight||48 lbs|
|Person Capacity||2 + 1|
|Weight Capacity||500 lbs|
|Material||1100 Denier PVC|
|Air Valves||Halkey-Roberts type valve by Naru|
|Engine Capacity||2.5 HP|
|Inflation time||5-10 min.|
NEW Gray KaBoat SK396. Click on pictures to zoom in.
NEW Green KaBoat SK396. Click on pictures to zoom in.
|Grommet splash guard is great for attaching custom made frames and rod holders.|
|4 directional skegs are attached to the bottom of KaBoat to help with directional stability.|
Older version of Saturn KaBoat. Click on pictures to zoom in.
Very First version of KaBoat SK396 in action. (click on images below to zoom in)
|Customer's video of 12' SK396 KaBoat with 2HP motor.|
|Green 12' SK396 KaBoat with custom made fishing rod holders frame.|
|Gray 12' SK396 KaBoat with 3.5 Mercury engine.|
|KaBoat SK396 can be assembled in under 10 minutes.|
|Older version of KaBoat w/ 2HP engine & 30 lbs electric motor.|
|Rowing KaBoat with oar locks installed.|
|Sail kits for KaBoats are available at www.SailBoatsToGo.com|
Click here for more KaBoat videos.